THINGS TO DO IN NUSA LEMBONGAN
Nusa Lembongan Island is one of my favorite destinations in Indonesia. For those of you looking for what to do in Nusa Lembongan you have found the right blog. Lembongan is one of three Nusa Islands just a short 30 minutes from mainland Bali. You have the option of a Nusa Lembongan day trip or you can spend a few days exploring the island which I highly recommend if you have the time.
BOAT TO NUSA LEMBONGAN
The most efficient way to get to the island is by taking a 30 minute ferry to Nusa Lembongan. You can book your trip in advance with The Lembongan Traveller to receive the best rates. For a return boat to Nusa Lembongan the ticket will cost you $50 Adult and $30 Child. The ferry leaves from Sanur in Bali daily at 10:00am, 12:00 noon, 14:00pm and 17:30pm. The ticket includes free transfers from the airport and/or hotels.
GETTING AROUND NUSA LEMBONGAN
Renting a scooter is the cheapest and most convenient means of transport around the island. As soon as you arrive to the port you will most likely be approached by the locals asking if you need a scooter rental. If not you can ask at your accommodation and they will be able to assist you. I payed 60,000 Rupiah per day for a scooter rental, so put your bartering skills to the test and try to score a deal at this price.
NUSA LEMBONGAN ACCOMMODATION
You won’t have any trouble finding a place to stay on Nusa Lembongan as there are countless accomodations. Here is a short list of places that I can recommend ranging from high end to budget accomodation. Click on the links to check the rates and book in advance.
TOP 5 THINGS TO DO IN NUSA LEMBONGAN
1. Dream Beach – As of late, dream beach has become the most popular white sand beach on the southern coastline. Here you can find cliff jumps, turquoise waters, colorful reefs, rugged view points and hidden caves! You can read the full article of Dream Beach HERE.
2. Devil’s Tear – A unique cave rock pool that sits on the edge of rocky cliffs. This is my favorite location on Nusa Lembongan and a must see spot. I visited Devil’s Tears at sunset and was spoiled with an incredible pastel sky. You may want to see the full article of Devil’s Tear HERE.
3. Manta Point Snorkelling – This was one of the best things to do in Nusa Lembongan. Snorkelling with Giant Manta Rays is up there with one of the most unforgettable experiences I have ever had. See the full article of Manta Point HERE which includes all the details of this trip and where to book.
4. Yellow Bridge – The iconic yellow suspension bridge connects the two islands, Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan. It is a pretty awesome experience riding a motorbike over the ocean across the Yellow Bridge. It’s a great spot to take some awesome photos if you time it right with the traffic.
5. Shipwreck Point – Surfing the right hand reef break at Shipwreck Point is not for the inexperienced surfer. On a good swell this is the best spot on Nusa Lembongan island to surf. This break attracts surfers from all over the world. If you are not a keen surfer it is not a bad spot to spectate from the beach at one of the many shady shacks along the water front. Surfboard rental shops can be found throughout the main street of town and you can find a rental board for approximately 50,000 Rupiah for 2 hours.
I hope this article has been informative of what to do in Nusa Lembongan and inspires you to visit on your next travels to Indonesia.
Please share this article if you liked it!
Happy Adventuring! 🙂